Alruna – A Valkyrie
The daughter of Kjárr of Valland, Alruna (Ölrún in Old Norse) was one of three Valkyries spinning linen on the shore of Wolf Lake, when they were spotted by three brothers who lived nearby. Alruna and Egil, one of the brothers, lived together for seven winters, until Alruna flew off to battle, never to return.
Itineraries This Ship Sails
Unpack just once on our small, state-of-the-art ships, enjoy your spacious stateroom, and spend more time immersed in your destination. See why Viking is the world’s leader in river cruising.
Viking Longships 360° Tour
Step inside our award-winning, state-of-the-art sister ships.
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (25 Standard Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 7 Veranda Suites, 2 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with a veranda off the living room & a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun Deck with 360-degree views & shaded sitting area; organic herb garden & solar panels; putting green & walking track
- Aquavit Terrace & Lounge, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Viking Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories E & F
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40″ flat-screen TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more
Sailing our most popular itineraries, our award-winning Viking Longships showcase innovative engineering, streamlined design and understated elegance for the most comfortable river cruise experience available.